New Loan/Grant programs from GPCOG
The Greater Portland Council of Governments (GPCOG) added two new loan programs to their portfolio, each with forgivable elements. Scarborough is a member of GPCOG, therefore Scarborough businesses may access these new programs if they fit the qualifications.
The new funds are designed to provide assistance to small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The first round of applications are due at 5pm on October 13th.
There is one application for both programs that is simple to complete online. The application is simple and easy to fill out. Once you submit your online application, GPCOG staff will call you back to guide you through any additional document submissions.
Small businesses in Scarborough are eligible for the programs if they meet the following:
- $5,000 per business with no fees
- Loans are forginable
- 0-5 employees (including the owner)
- Business owner & employees must meet income requirements
- Up to $10,000 per business with no fees
- Loans are forgivable
- 2 to 25 employees
- Must be creating or retaining jobs
- Employees must meet income requirements
- Business owners due not have to meet income requirements
The two programs are funded by the federal Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG). Cumberland County, who manages the CDBG program for most of Cumberland County communities, awarded the funds to GPCOG to administer.