The Scarborough Economic Development Corporation (SEDCO) develops, supports and promotes sustainable economic development practices leading to a healthy, diverse and resilient local economy for the Scarborough community.
- To promote economic policies and seek opportunities which preserve and/or improve the quality of life and work in Scarborough.
- To support the Town’s fiscal health through the promotion of a diversified and growing business community.
- To value, promote and respect Scarborough’s natural resources through sound development policies.
- To engage the community (businesses and residents) in planning for the Town’s economic health.
- To be open to innovation and creativity and be adaptive to change.
- To promote and foster the best and highest use of commercial properties.
- To conduct business with the highest standards of ethics with honesty and integrity.
- To understand the holistic nature of economic development and its impacts on the health of the community.
- Develop and advocate for economic policies and programs which support the Town’s Comprehensive Plan;
- Assist in the attraction, establishment, retention and expansion of businesses in Scarborough;
- Provide confidential assistance to any business considering starting, relocating or expanding within the Town limits;
- Maintain and grow a comprehensive intelligence system for use by both the private and public sectors;
- Assess the economic competitiveness of the Town;
- Cultivate a network of local, regional, state, federal and international resources which can assist local businesses and municipal officials; and
- Assist Town Departments in planning and implementing economic development policies.