Get to Know Scarborough, Maine
Meet Scarborough, Maine. Part of the dynamic Greater Portland market, Scarborough’s unique attributes make it one of the best places to do business in Maine. With its competitive property tax rate, fantastic transportation access, well-educated workforce, business-ready attitude and a community of 1,300 vibrant businesses, Scarborough is THE place to be, both now and in the future.
Here’s the low down on Scarborough:
- 20,991 residents, 16,200 jobs, 1,300 businesses
- 10-minute drive to downtown Portland, the creative capital of New England
- 2-hour drive to Boston, with train and bus service for commuters
- 515,000 residents in the Portland Metropolitan Area – all within an hour of Scarborough
- 30,000+ students enrolled in post High School education
- Home to a growing Bio-Science Community, including the Maine Medical Center Research Institute, the Foundation for Blood Research and Alere
- 4 beaches with public access
- Internationally known Scarborough Marsh
- Direct highway access to I-95
- Predictable permitting process
And while we love touting the attributes of Scarborough, sometimes others do it better. In the past year, Google named Scarborough “Maine’s Digital Capital” and Coastal Living magazine named us one of the top ten “Happiest Seaside Communities.” Hey, they even gave us logos.